Urologist,M.D.
Urologist,M.D., Urologist
Experience:  Board Certified in Urology, Fellowship trained
19896974

I have been diagnosed with a bladder abscess. I am to meet

I have been diagnosed with a bladder abscess. I am to meet with a surgeon in approx 10 days. In the meantime I had a ct scan to disgnose this. Last couple days I have noticed my urine is cloudy. Is this caused from all the contrast I had to drink. Test was monday and i started noticing this like maybe 3-4 days ago. I am also extrememly constipated from the contrast it seems. Is this normal also?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are there? Was the CT taken for bladder or bowel? Do you have any other illness?

Regards.
Expert:  Urologist,M.D. replied 4 years ago.

Hello there,
Please be patient, as I may be in the operating room, with a patient, or driving but will get back to you ASAP.

This is very likely not from the contrast. This is likely from your actual bladder infection/abscess. Contrast will not cause cloudiness, but infection really will. I highly recommend the antibiotics as this should help this. It also may be playing a role in your constipation as well. Use the antibiotic prescription you have. Hope this helps.

Urologist,M.D., Urologist
Experience: Board Certified in Urology, Fellowship trained