Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of experience as doctor

Why do I feel the need to urinate again immediately after going

Why do I feel the need to urinate again immediately after going to the toilet?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.

How long the symptoms are there? Is there any burning during urination or other symptom? Was any test done? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have been having problems for a while. Have had urine tests which show no infection etc. No burning or other symptoms.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

There can be a few probables. Urine infection is a common cause. You have got tests for that. There can be enlargement of prostate. Prostate inflammation is possible. You can take a consultation with an urologist. A digital examination of the prostate, ultrasound examination can be taken.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How can it be a prostate problem. I'm a woman and women don't have prostate glands.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Sorry it was a mistake. The optional information did not come first. As most of the customers are male in urology category, so I was biased. Besides infection there can be overactive bladder. This can cause the feeling or urge to pass urine after you voided once. There can be a gynecological issue like a prolapse of the vaginal wall. An evaluation by an urogynecologist can be helpful.