Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of experience as doctor
9324755

cloudy urine no pain or anything else

Customer Question

cloudy urine no pain or anything else
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are there? Is there any other symptom? Was any test done? Is there any significant past illness? How old is she?

Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm the patient, have had uti's before had one about a month ago augmitin was used. also I am a post op transgender who developed a stricture and have had a need of catheter now for 6 mo. Catheter is coming out next week. I have been using a product called d mannose which is used to prevent uti but I only stared that this week. I don't have painful urination and /or burning
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The cloudy urine can be due to excess phosphate in urine or phosphaturia. Prolonged catheterization can cause cloudy urine. The other probability is the presence of infection. Infection can be possible without any symptom. You can have both possibilities, However an urine test can help you to get it confirmed.You should have an examination by doctor & an urine analysis for routine and culture sensitivity. Antibiotics will be required in case of infection. Take plenty of fluid which can help to flush out the urinary system. If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
cloudy urine for 3 days better during the day while drinking water, no other symptoms. Had culture done about 6 weeks ago and was positive for e-coli and put on generic augmentin. Had clear urine until 3 days ago but have been eating alot of vegs especial cauliflower and using the d mannose which is a natural sugar based
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what causes excess phosphate
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.

High phosphate can come from kidney disease, high parathyroid or diet. Catheter or stagnation of urine can also cause precipitate.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
catheter has been in for 5 weeks now. what sort of diet can cause thatt doctor. I don't have any flank or back pain either so kidnys are fine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
haven't received reply from last of my questions
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.
Protein rich foods like meat, liver, poultry, fish, etc contain phosphates. Dairy products like cheese, nuts, and legumes, are good sources too.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
one more question. I appreciate your time. I still am taking at least 250 mg of augmentin even now as I am being diated, in the urethra that is for my stricture. I void usually all but 10 to 25 ml of urine naturally. so i can't be stagnent. I have really been eating a lot of ground turkey meat and a large amount of green veg's along with cauliflower at least 2 times a day. since Wed. Do you think that is why the cloudy? This all started 3 days ago
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.

You can try to reduce the meat and increase the liquid intake to check whether it improves. As you are on antibiotic, the possibility of infection is less. If the symptoms continue, then an urine test can be taken again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry just one more thought. I find during the day, that I can get almost completely clear urine because of drinking lots of water, but when I am asleep or haven't peed in a longer period of time it goes back to more cloudy, again it only started after really eating a lot of of the legumes you mention and I wouldn't say I am eating a lot of turkey meat but this also started after beginning the use of the powdered d=mannose product which you mix with water. My urologists office was informed today but didn't really satisfy me they only said it probably isn't a problem that didn't make me happy. i love the doc not his hired help as they seem to be over worked to much it is a very good office
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.
When you see the cloudy urine only in the morning after long stagnation of urine at night, it is not due to infection. See whether dietary change can help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you I have one more thought which I didn't mentioned and almost forgot. For the last 2 days which ended early today, I was peeing out white stuff or little flat bits. could that have been crap on the catheter? or infection colonies? I keep fairly clear urine by drinking but like tonite I didn't pee for about 4 hours and it was more cloudy again thank you doctor I will press accept. Would you please comment on this and then that is all on my end thanks
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.

You will not be able to see the infection colonies. This will need microscope. These are likely to be deposits on catheter.