Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

Hello: I have noticed that suddenly my urine feels thick.

I have noticed that suddenly my urine feels thick. I am a white female, 36 with a few health problems, but nothing relating to my urinary tract or bladder. Also when I go to the bathroom, sometimes I get the razorblade pains.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.

How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It just started yesterday.

This is highly suspicious for a urinary tract infection. I would recommend you try to drink 3-4 glasses of cranberry juice per day for the next 1-2 days. If the pain gets worse or does not change, then you need to see a doctor for a urine culture and antibiotics. Hope this helps.