Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I have cuts on my penis. What should I do?

Customer Question

i have small cuts on my penis what should i do?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

Where are these located? Are you circumcised?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i am circumcised, and these are just under the head of the penis, 5 years ago, sometimes it use to happen after masturbation but within two days it recover itself, but now, it happened again, seems its recovered but when i make love it happen again, i thought it could be because of condom so i tried without condom, nothing changed.
these are small tears, like small cuts. i took the picture, is there any way i can send it to you?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.

Yes. Please send the picture.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What could be the reason? its been 3 week, every time i make love the cuts on the penis become bigger and it is not healing.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
This could be an inflammatory condition called balanitis that could be due to a Fungal infection. This may need to be treated with medication such as betethasone/clotrimazole cream.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok i m sending you pics
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i google for balanitis and i saw the images, it looks diffrent than mine, mine is more like a cut, like if your skin is dry and you pul it, it makes cut, like lips in winter, something like that. i used Terramycin, this is for skin, used it for 2 days one a day, nothing changed..
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
You're right. This does not look like balanitis. This looks more like it is just skin irritation from trauma to the skin. I recommend that you put a triple antibiotic cream such as Neosporin on this for 2 to 3 weeks to see if it heals. If it does not, then you should probably be tested for STDs such as herpes or syphilis. Hope this works.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok, i m in turkey, if i dont find this in market, what should i use?
and i think skin is very thin or weak so it broke after sex it maturbation, what should i do for that so it dont happen again.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
They have to have some sort of triple antibiotic ointment over there. If they don't, then you will need to see a doctor to see what they have available for you. To prevent this from happening again, you need to make sure you use plenty of water-based lubricant during masturbation or sex.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, will it effect somehow to mu girl friend, any infection to her?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
No. This will not infect her. But you should wear a condom until it is healed to prevent it from getting worse from the friction.