Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

Does masturbation help in preventing prostate cancer? I once

Does masturbation help in preventing prostate cancer? I once read an article stating this and the article also said that prostate cancer was very common with priests probably because they practice celibacy. Is all of this true?

Dr. Y : Hi there,Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.
Dr. Y : No. None of this is true at all. Masturbation does not prevent or cause prostate cancer. Priests may be diagnosed more frequently because they may seek health care more frequently, which in turns allows for greater opportunity to diagnose prostate cancer. Hope this helps.