Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

hi, i have little swollen meatus(penis opening) and little

hi, i have little swollen meatus(penis opening) and little redness around it. also i get discharge few times a day(clear like water). let me briefly explain how it started. i had unprotected sex last year around june and couple months later i had some itching problem on penis and inner thighs. then i see lot of little pimples on penis skin(very itchy). i never applied anything on them but they were gone after a month or two. but the penis skin was still very itchy. it looked very rough and old. for some time everything was normal and now i have swollen meatus and discharge problem. i masturbate last month and i see one side of the penis was swollen and went back to normal shape after few minutes. but now i see little swollen all the time. and my penis head is very colorless not like use to be. it fels little weak too. i had std test Chlamydia,Gonorrhea,Hepatitis B,Hepatitis C,Herpes I,Herpes II, HIV-1.Syphili,...but all came negative. i still have itching on legs and inner thighs but not too bad like i had before. please help and explain what should i do.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.

We're you ever treated with antibiotics for STDs?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
im not sure i u have asked me if i have ever got antibiotics for stds? NO
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
If you have never received antibiotics for STDs, then I would recommend that you just be treated with ceftriaxone and azithromycin to cover for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Even if your testing for STDs was negative, testing can oftentimes be negative even if you actually do have this infection. This is why we just usually go ahead and treat for STDs regardless of what your tests show. I would recommend that you go back to your urologist to discuss this option. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok and im also scared of having some kind of HPV. is this something i shouldnt be worry about. or what is the difference btween having HPV or gonorrhea and chlamydia.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
HPV causes genital warts, not the symptoms you have. I don't think you have to worry about HPV
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for you help. last question in my mind is that why discharge started just couple weeks ago but i had unprotected sex last june? does gonorrhea and chlamydia couse weakness in muscles or body? and just for my satisifcation is it easy to cure these diseases.
i would really appriciate if u could explain little better and i will accept your answer after that. thanks
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
I can't explain why the discharge just started. It is possible it may not be related to these STDs and it just may be prostatitis instead. These STDs should not cause weakness of the body. Any of these diseases are easily cured once you have the proper cultures done and are started on antibiotics.