DrKnowsBest
DrKnowsBest, Family practitioner
Experience:  womens health and peds specialty, vast urology experience
9384716

i had rectal and colon cancer a year ago which i am now 90

i had rectal and colon cancer a year ago which i am now 90 percent cured but i had radiation and chemo and i saw on a web site it can cause a problem with my uretha. it is ver unconfortable i get slight spasams and burning can you tell me what you think i should do.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 4 years ago.

tea tree oil as a disinfectant is good. the concern with the radiation mainly is adhesion or scarring of the urethra. if the symptoms continue infection has to be first ruled out with a urinalysis. if this has been going on awhile it is less likely that you have an infection as it usually would have gotten worse by now. the only way to know if there was damage from the radiation is a scope called a cystoscopy with a urologist. this is definitely worth checking into if the tea tree oil offers no relief as it can put you at risk of scarring further and infection if ignored.

good luck

please press accept if no more questions