Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

What causes your penis to invert? and is their anything I can

What causes your penis to invert? and is their anything I can do to stop this?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.This is caused by build up of fat tissue over the penis from being overweight as well as scarring of the penis from either trauma or unknown reasons. If you are overweight, then you should see a urologist and they can do a surgery where they remove some of the suprapubic fat to help expose the penis and they tack that penis to the pubic bone to make it stick out further. If you have problems with erections , they can also place a malleable penile prosthesis to help restore your erections which will also help your penis to stick out further to make it easier for you to urinate. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a procedure to enlarge a penis and if so can they do this at the same time they do the fat removal proceducer. I don't consider myself that fat. I am 6'0 tall and weigh 224. I do have lower back problems and it seems like my penis inverts when I pick something up that is heavy.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
They can do a procedure to release the suspensory ligament of the penis. This will make your penis appear longer but it will not be as stable as it is now when you have a full erection. It will point to the floor during an erection. This is the only other possibility to enlarge your penis at the time of the operation. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.