DrKnowsBest, Family practitioner
Experience:  womens health and peds specialty, vast urology experience

Testicular pain

Hello. My testicles are sore and I'm not sure what the cause is.
I don't have a burning sensation when I urinate but when I feel some of the tubes above my testicles they seem a bit enlarged.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 4 years ago.
If it is on both sides then less likely emergent like a torsion or twisting. E coli can cause prostatitis or epididymitis.
At your age the second is more likely and you usually need 10-14 days of antibiotics. If you are already through this then an ultrasound would be the next step. Sexually transmitted diseases in males usually present with discharge and pain but just pain is possible. Make sure if you have ever been sexually active you have your dr check for gonorrhea and chlamydia first and if negative then I'm sure the next step would get and ultrasound.