Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have developed scar tissue on my penis..I have been taking

I have developed scar tissue on my penis..I have been taking injections for ED for about 2 years..the tissue stared to develop about 2 months ago...i have applying Vit E topically at ED doctors suggestion, with no apparent result...no pain or interference w/urination.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Y : Hi there,Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Is the scar tissue causing curvature to the penis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no curvature or pain..
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
So how do you know you have scar tissue? And how was the scar tissue affecting your penis? If there is no curvature to your penis , then there's no need for any treatment.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the scar tissue, a semi hard ring about 1 to 1/2 inch in the middle impede being able to inject the ED rx...also seems to impede its effectiveness..
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, there's not much they can be done for this type of scar tissue. Any type of surgery will only lead to worsening of your erectile dysfunction. The only possible solutions for your urologist prescribed a medication called trental to try to help decrease for the scar tissue formation. In a small percentage of patients, this medication can help to reverse some of the scar tissue. Is your best option. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks..system not accepting when i click on Accepted..
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Dr. Y., Urologist