Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of experience as doctor
9324755

What causes black bits in my urine, could it be related to

What causes black bits in my urine, could it be related to the fact that I drink alot of pomegranite juice
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are there? Is there any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke pain in the back or pain during urination? Was any test done? Is there any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have had no pain at all . I have had the symptoms for only a couple of days. I have had a reoccuring coliform urine infection over the last 18 months and it would appear that I have an enlarged prostate gland I am 63 years old.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

Black bits in the urine can be due to pieces of stones or crystals in the urine or it can be altered blood in the urine. It is unlikely to come from pomegranate. I would advise to get an examination by doctor. An urine analysis will be helpful. Ultrasound can be needed. Please drink plenty of fluid. This will help to increase urine output & clear small crystals.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.