Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of experience as doctor
9324755

pain when urinating, find blood on toilet paper when wipe but

pain when urinating, find blood on toilet paper when wipe but not in toilet bowl. I have been diagnosed with two huge ovarian cysts, and several uterine fibroid tumors
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 3 years ago.
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are there? Does the blood appear to come from vagina or urethra? Is there any other symptom? Was any test done recently?

Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I thought it was coming from my vagina as I just had my period starting Dec. 24th. But I am not bleeding onto any pads. When I urinated I get a sharp pain where the urine comes out, when I wipe I get fair amount of bright blood on the tissue.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the input.

This can be due to a few probables. Pain & blood can occur from stone. Urinary infection can also cause pain & blood to appear. This can also occur if there is an inflammation near the opening of urethra. It may be that blood is not much so the urine is not red in color. If it is vaginal bleeding it should come at other time too. Taking plenty of water is good for urinary tract infection or stone which helps to wash out the bacteria or tiny stone from the system. Cranberry juice can be taken. Urine test, culture and sensitivity test will be needed to know about the severity of the disease and appropriate management. An ultrasound may also be needed if doctor feels necessary.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
could this have anything to do with my cysts on my ovaries. I was told that I have two huge cysts on my ovaries diagnosed by an ultrasound. I have read that the cysts could move the ovaries around and could cause bladder to be obstructed, or problems with urinating. I do have constant stomach pains that I attributed to my cysts and uterine fibroid tumors which I was told I have several of them found during same ultrasound test.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 3 years ago.

Ovarian cyst can press on the bladder. This will usually cause frequent urine. Discomfort in abdomen may occur. But blood is unlikely to come with urine. Ovarian cyst or fibroid can cause bleeding coming through vagina.
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience: 25 years of experience as doctor