How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr M W Hanif Your Own Question
Dr M W Hanif
Dr M W Hanif, Internal Medicine
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 2349
Experience:  MBBS
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr M W Hanif is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i untrain my bladder?

Resolved Question:

how do i untrain my bladder?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr M W Hanif replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to just answer...

Can you please elaborate what you mean by "untrain my bladder"?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have been having accidents for a while now, so i went to my doctor, and they suggested holding my urine for 5 minutes after i feel the urge to go, and over time it would build my bladder size and maybe it's strength. that has not worked, and my doctor is not taking this seriously, so i was thinking if i made the problem worse, maybe it would get my doctor's attention so he would run a few tests to find out what is wrong with it.
Expert:  Dr M W Hanif replied 5 years ago.
Hi again

Can you please tell me the details of the accidents that you have had?

This is not the right approach to get your doctors attention, rather the best thing is to sit with him and discuss what is bothering you... If he fails to comprehend you can always take a second opinion and a urologist would serve you better...

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am constantly going to the bathroom. sometimes as much as 20 or more times a day. if i try and hold it, my bladder starts cramping, and a little urine dribbles out, or sometimes quite a bit more squirts out. a few times the squirts were wrather large, large enough in fact that they were obvious.
Expert:  Dr M W Hanif replied 5 years ago.
Hi again...

Well here is what I think you should do:

Get a urologist opinion regarding this matter and if required get the uro-dynamic studies done... These studies will exactly diagnose why you have such an unstable bladder...

Also until then ask your doctor to get you screened for a urinary tract infection...

Until then you can request your doctor for a prescription of Tab Detrusitol... It is a medicine that is used to relax the bladder muscles and help you control your urination problem...

If your tests fail to give you a diagnosis discuss teh possibility of Interstitial cystitis with your doctor...

Treatment would depend upon the underlying diagnosis...

I hope this information helps you...

Let me know if you need any further information...

Also press the Accept button if you feel satisfied with my response...

Thank you

Dr M W Hanif and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you