Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Hi there, tingling sensation inside penis after urination.

Customer Question

Hi there, tingling sensation inside penis after urination (feels little drips after urination). no burning sensation though but urge to urinate. Did renal, bladder, testiclular ultrasound, even urine sample, checked prostate and prostate cancer samples and found nothing. what could it be? (no sexual partner)
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.

This may be due to inflammation of the urethra called urethritis. If all your cultures were negative, this may be due to a viral cause. Unfortunately, we cannot to take this on culture. There's no tests available to detect viruses in the urethra. There is no treatment for viruses either. You just had to give it time to resolve and it may take a month or so. The only other thing that I could recommend is that your urologist do a camera test called cystoscopy to look inside the urethra to see if there may be anything irritating the urethra inside such as a stone. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi, just wondering, 2 weeks ago both of my testicles have or feel as they have enlarged (no pain). went for a testicluar ultrasound and they couldnt find anything which is strange. Just wondering what have caused this enlargment? and penis feels drippy after urination may probably be from a virus. im just wondering where can this virus come from and how to prevent it in future. could it be from food, drinks? or masturbation or general hygiene issue?. thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
vc
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
That sensation you had is likely not from a virus. I'm not sure what is causing that, however I can't determine that without examining you. Your doctor who is examining you in treating you is the best person to ask this question.