Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

what causes a man to not be able to ejaculate during sex

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.

Is your problem not being able to have orgasm or are you actually having a problem with no semen? Are you on any prostate meds like Flomax?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not a problem with no semen, It started when I started taking Prozac but has lasted for 15 years
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
Okay, that is exactly your problem then. One of the side effects of Prozac is it makes you have the inability to achieve orgasm. In order to solve this problem you need to see your doctor to determine if you can be switched to a different antidepressant medication that does not have this type of sexual side effects such as Wellbutrin. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.