Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My Meatus on my penis is overly large causing problems when

My Meatus on my penis is overly large causing problems when urinating, specifically creating a fan spray effect making standing and urinating difficult.I there a process of reducing the size?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Making the opening of the urethra smaller is likely going to make the problem even worse. However, it may be that you have scar tissue inside of the return that you cannot see that is actually causing the spraying . You need to get it to see a urologist to have an examination done and they will likely need to do cystoscopy to place a small camera in the urethra to see if you have scar tissue that may need to be opened up to stop this from happening. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I appreciate your answer but I think I should have explained why the meatus is large.Years ago I had a piercing(a prince albert to be specific) and have since taken it out but the original pee hole and the hole where the piercing went through have merged so now the opening is about 15mm compared to about 7mm to begin with.I wish I could send a photo so you could see exactly what I was talking about.Is that possible?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Yes, you can send a photo by using the link in the text box. However, I know exactly what you're talking about cause I've had repaired these types of injuries before. You have what is known as a hypospadias from the merging of the two holes. You will need to see a reconstructive urologist in order to fix this defect .
Dr. Y., Urologist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Here is a picture of how it looks.This can be repaired?graphic