Urologist,M.D.
Urologist,M.D., Urologist
Experience:  Board Certified in Urology, Fellowship trained

I have one kidney and I want to keep it healthy. Other than

I have one kidney and I want to keep it healthy. Other than water what would help me to keep that kidney healthy. My creat. level is 0.90 my GFR is 59 by Bun is 12. Can I take Advil for a short period of time( 5 days)?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Urologist,M.D. replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,
Please be patient, as I may be in the operating room, with a patient, or driving but will get back to you ASAP.

I would try something besides Advil (such as Tylenol) or if you have to do the Advil do not do it for more than 3 days. Water is good. The 2 most important things to do are to control your blood pressure and blood sugars as elevated levels of these will lead to kidney damage. That is the most important thing. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My BP is good... glucose is 95. I have pain in the sciatica and tylenol does nothing. Is there a vitamin that is good for the kidney?
Not really a vitamin that is good for the kidney. Vitamin C in general can decrease infections so this may help your kidney. Your BP and sugar is very good so keep this up.
Urologist,M.D., Urologist
Experience: Board Certified in Urology, Fellowship trained