Urologist,M.D., Urologist
Experience:  Board Certified in Urology, Fellowship trained

I have a itchy urethra towards the tip of my penis, there is

I have a itchy urethra towards the tip of my penis, there is no discharge. Urinating does not cause any pain, if anything it helps relieve the itch. I'm a 64 year male, married and monogamous. This has been going on for about three weeks so I'm now becoming concerned, not to mention this is starting to really bug me.
Hello there,
Please be patient, as I may be in the operating room, with a patient, or driving but will get back to you ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, thank you.
Sorry for the delay. This sounds like a possible fungal infection that can cause irritation at the tip of your penis and discomfort. I would have 2 things done. First, just have your doctor check a urine sample on you to make sure it is okay and there is no infection. If this is normal, I think treatment with an antifungal medication should help the itchiness here. This does not sound too severe so don't worry too much but definitely see your doctor for this. Hope this helps.