Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

what is causing my shrinking and cold penis

what is causing my shrinking and cold penis?
Submitted: 5 years ago via HealthBoards.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.

Have you ever had prostate surgery or surgery to your pelvis? Do you have problems with erectile dysfunction?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO I HAVE NOT HAD PROSTATE SURGERY OR SURGERY TO THE PELVIS. ERECTION IS BECOMING DIFFICULT AND NOT STAYING UP FOR LONG . BEGINNING TO FEEL SLIGHT CONTINUOUS PENIS DISCONFORT. ALWAYS COLD AND HAS SHRANK MARKEDLY LATELY. I AM ON ATENALOL,/ AMLODIPINE./ASPIRIN
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
The condition you have is possibly Peyronie's disease which is due to scar tissue formation on the penis. This is due to microtrauma to the penis over the years that you may or may not have recognized. Unfortunately, there's not much they can be done to regain the length. However, medications such as trental to try to help to prevent further scar tissue formation and further shrinkage. You may need to be started on a medication such as MUSE, which is a small pellet you place in the urethra to try to increase the blood flow to the penis and stop the coldness and help give you an erection. Another alternative is to have a penile prosthesis placed to fix your problems with erections and to stabilize the shrinkage you have. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WHAT ABOUT THE CONTINUOUS DISCONFORT? ALSO THE HEAD IS LESS SENSITIVE. DOES THIS INPACT ON YOUR ANSWER?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
No, that doesn't change my answer.These symptoms are all consistent with Peyronie's disease.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IS THE MEDICATION LONG TERM? HOW DO I OBTAIN THIS? WILL VIAGRA ALSO HELP?