Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

Are there foods or supplements that can affect PSA results

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.

There are no foods that cause the PSA to rise. PSA is produced by normal prostate or cancerous prostate tissue. Testosterone can make the PSA rise, so taking supplements that have testosterone, or indirectly make your body produce testosterone can make the PSA rise. Cinnamon will not make the testosterone rise. I'm not sure why you had a rise and drop in PSA that corresponded to the cinnamon, but this is purely coincidental
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you think any of the following make testosterone rise:
fish oil
brocili seed extract
walnut oil
ALA (alpha linonic acid)
vit. D
vit. B complex

On the cinnamon issue that came last year from JHU. They told me that it accelerated the growth rate of prostate cancer cells in the lab. If I can find a reference I'll send it.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
No, none of those other supplements would cause the PSA to rise. If you have that cinnamon article, I'd like to see it. But I just don't see how that is feasible at all.