Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I have slight burning/irritation at the tip of my penis after

I have slight burning/irritation at the tip of my penis after urination the last week or so, and periodic urgency, although I can make it through the night sleeping without getting up. A bit of dripping sometimes immediately after going as well, but that has been common for 10 years or more. Also slight itch at anus area. I am 52 years old. Sound like anything in particular? Jack
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

Yes, I am almost certain that you have an infection of your prostate called prostatitis causing all of your symptoms. You need to see your doctor to have a prostate examination done and you will likely need to be started on antibiotics at your Cipro for four weeks to treat this. You can also take 600 mg of ibuprofen three times a day for 1 to 2 weeks to help decrease the pain and inflammation. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.