Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My husbands scrotum and testicles always seem to be drawn up.

Customer Question

My husbands scrotum and testicles always seem to be drawn up. We know this is a reflex but there aren't any triggers. They are also red and irritated. He has been to the doctor and given many topical ointments to relieve the redness but nothing works. At this point we want to know why they are always drawn up. Even if he gets the redness to go away they seem to be mostly drawn up.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

If he has a red scrotum, then it is possible that an infection is likely irritating the scrotum or the spermatic cord causing testicles to draw up. It sounds like he may have a fungal infection for which he may need a medication such as nystatin powder to treat this. He needs to see a urologist if he is not done so already to help treat this. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He has used numerous medications that are topical including the nystatin powder. Non of the medicines work including perscription topical ointments from a dermatologist. How do you treat an infection of the spermatic cord? How do you get that? We are just concerned right now with why the testicles keep drawing up.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
All the actual spermatic cord would not be infected, but the testicles may be, whichthen in turn irritates the spermatic cord, causing the muscle to contract and pull up the testicles. This is the only thing I can come up with without being able to examine him.