Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I have tiny black spots (grain of sand size ) in my urine

I have tiny black spots (grain of sand size ) in my urine> also very sore right hand under ribs, above waist, come and goes? very anaemic , not stomach or bowels as have been tested. Any ideas.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

Is possible that these little spots are small blood clots. You need to see a doctor to have a urinalysis done to see exactly what these are and to see if there is blood in the urine. If there is, you will need to be referred to a urologist for a CT scan and cystoscopy to evaluate where the blood is coming from. Possible causes and kidney stones or tumors of the urinary tract. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.