Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

can you fail a urine test for bath salts If so, how long

can you fail a urine test for bath salts? If so, how long does it stay in your system?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Y :

Hi there, Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

Dr. Y :

What kind of urine test are you referring to? A urine drug screen? Can you clarify your question?

Customer:

not sure of your question.

Dr. Y :

Your question is not clear to me, can you reword or clarify your question. I don't know what type of urine test you are referring to. Thanks.

Customer:

I have friends who are so sure they won't fail a 8 or 12 panel urine test, because it won't show up. I really care about these guys, so I would like to make sure they are not putting their careers at risk.

Dr. Y :

Are you referring to a urine drug screen? What is the "it" you are referring to?

Customer:

correct urine drug screen.

Dr. Y :

What is the it in the "it won't show up" part

Customer:

what ever drug may be detected. I am not sure, what's in these bath salts, all I know is they claim it makes them feel good.

Dr. Y :

Well I certainly don't know what is in the bath salts if you can't tell me.

Customer:

I don't know what 8,9, or 12 panel urine test-for.

Dr. Y :

It doesn't matter what the urine drug panel tests for it you don't know what they took. Different drugs lasts in the system for different periods of time

Customer:

are bath salts made of different stuff, but give the same results if used a drug?

Customer:

all I know is a bath salt called XTC.

Dr. Y :

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I am not familiar with all this slang terminology

Dr. Y :

So is the drug you are referring to Ecstasy?

Customer:

No, in my teens I used to do that. they call this a bath salt White Ivory.

Dr. Y :

So what drug is in it?

Customer:

Ingredients: Caffeine, Acoru Calamus, Hydrastis Canadensis, Tilia Europea, Paulina Capana, L-taurine, Menthol, Citrus Aurantium.

Dr. Y :

Well I don't see any illegal drugs in that ingredient list that would be tested for with any urine drug test

Customer:

I just google a trend in why people are using bath salts for the results of producing methylenedioxypyrovalerone. If it is an over the counter bath salt to be intended for proper bath, then how can you get this MDPV feel without actually being a drug?\

Dr. Y :

Well they may be converting it to something via a chemical process to produce MDPV. I don't know anything about this drug production. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is, to be sure that they clear a drug test, they should wait at least 30 days before being tested if they want to pass it. No one would really know how long this man made compound really stays in the body as it is not officially studies. Hope this helps

Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.