Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

My husband is taking Flomax every other day for trouble Peeing

My husband is taking Flomax every other day for trouble Peeing @ night ONLY*. His doctor felt of his prostate and said, " I can tell you one thing, he doesn't have anything wrong with his prostate!" and ordered him Flomax. he told me that the last 2 times he had sex... he had problems peeing afterwards and he was afraid to have sex today. He loves sex and it is me running from him most of the time! I know he needs help but what? Should he up the Flomax to every day AS ORDERED? Ralph is tender skinned and meds affect him more than normal.SO every other day worked for this year. NOW THIS! I want to be the best wife in this world and take good care of my husband! He is 71 and I am 60. He has taken prostate support for 20 years. The Dr. said it was not enlarged ( maybe just a little, he added ) and it was pliable! Great shape for his age!!
Now what? Will you please try to help me? THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE!
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

At his age, it is most likely his prostate that is causing his urinary problems at night. His prostate can completely normal on exam and he can can still have prostate obstruction on the inside of his urine channel. Taking Flomax 0.4 mg daily is a great idea. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do we need to see a surgeon or back to the Dr. who gave him the Flomax?
You should see the doctor who prescribed the flomax. Hope this helps.