Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

What causes low semen discharge during ejaculation

What causes low semen discharge during ejaculation?

Dr. Y :

Hi there, Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

Dr. Y :

A low amount of semen can be cause by a prostate infection such as prostatitis, retrograde ejaculation due to prostate medication such as Flomax, ejaculatory duct obstruction, or low testosterone levels. At your age, low semen levels are of no concern unless you are trying to have children. If you feel pain in your prostate region, this may be prostatitits, and in this case, you should have your doctor examine you to see if you need to be placed on antibiotics. Hope this helps.