Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

i had a testicle retract and cause severe pain, the pain in

i had a testicle retract and cause severe pain, the pain in the testicle is gone but my lower abdomen still hurts what should i do
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Y :

Hi there, Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

Customer :

ok

Dr. Y :

So are you saying the testicle went up into your body and then came back down?

Customer :

it rasied up

Customer :

not sure if it went into the body

Customer :

but it definatly went up a good 2-3 inches wit ha sharp pain

Customer :

i would say there was about one hour of a lot of pain, some vomiting now my lower abdomen hurts

Customer :

the pain really felt more in the cord than the testicle if that makes sense

Dr. Y :

Are you still there?

Customer :

i am yes

Customer :

im here

Dr. Y :

Do you have any other questions I can answer? If not, please don't forget to hit accept. I have to get back to the OR.

Customer :

well is there otc cure?

Customer :

is it indigestion? or should i seek a dr

Dr. Y :

You should go see a doctor, this is not indigestion

Dr. Y :

Ther eis no TOC cure for a testicluar torsion

Dr. Y :

There is no OTC cure

Customer :

urologist? ER?

Dr. Y :

This is a surgical problem that needs to be corrected if you have it.

Dr. Y :

You need to go to the ER to be seen by a urologist there

Customer :

thank you

Dr. Y :

You only have about 6 hours from the onset of the torsion before the testicle is dead

Customer :

and it would cause the lower abdomen to hurt?

Dr. Y :

Yes

Customer :

thank you no more questions

Dr. Y :

OK. Good luck to you

Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.