Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My urine constantly smells like asparagus, just not as strong.

My urine constantly smells like asparagus, just not as strong. Why is this?
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

If you are eating foods such as asparagus, this vegetable is notorious for causing musty smelling urine. Otherwise, this smell may be an indication of an infection of the urine. You should have your urine tested for infection by your doctor. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is a urine infection? Is it like a urinary tract infection because this has been going on for months now.
Yes, a urine infection is a urinary tract infection and it certainly can go on for months if left untreated. This is why you need to see your doctor to have your urine cultured. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. Thank you Dr. Y.
No problem. Hope this helps. I wish you the best.