Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

What does it mean to have few mucous in your urine sample,

What does it mean to have few mucous in your urine sample, no blood just mucous, I feel fine. Also waht causes it and I think I see some in the toilet at most of the time. No blood, no pain, just some mucous.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

The mucous can be from scar tissue or stricutres in the urethra. It can also be from residual urine in the bladder. You may want to have your urologist send this mucous for culture to see if it is due to infection. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
any chance mucous could cause an infection in my wife through intercourse if there is no bacteria in urinalysis but a few mucous found in urinalysis?
If there is no infection found in the mucus, then it should not cause an infection in your wife.