Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My sister in laws kidney is function only 8% She does not

My sister in law's kidney is function only 8% She does not want dialisis and does not want transplant.

His leg are getting dark. Is she in any danger or still in time for cure
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

The darkening of the legs is likely due to a venous blood rerun problem and is not related to the kidney failure. If her kidney function is only 8% and she refuses dialysis, then she will eventually have a very high potassium level that will kill her. Dialysis or a kidney transplant is the only way to fix this problem. Hope his helps.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How long do you think it will take this processing of increasing potasium. How do they die? with lack of breath.

do you know any urologyst with your expertise in New York area or New Jersey that may convince her to dialysis?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
They die a peaceful death from their heart immediately stopping. It is a nephrologist who administers dialysis, not a urologist. She can go to the best nephrologists at te university of Pennsylvania to discuss this, but the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that if she does not want dialysis, then no amount of convincing her is going to work. This is he personal decision and everyone caring for her needs to respect this. Hope this helps and please don't forget to hit accept. Thanks
Dr. Y., Urologist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ACCORDING TO THE DOCTORS (SHE IS ALREADY ACCEPTED AT THE HOSPITAL DUE HER CONDITION.

WHATVER HAPPENS IS THAT THE CALCIUM ON HER SYSTEM IS TO MUCH AND THE KIDNEY HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO PROCESS AND THE RESULT THIS CALCIUM IS ATTACHED TO HER SKIN AND IT HAPPENS THE WORSE, SHE HAS PORTION OF HER BODY ON STAGE OF CORRUPTION.

THE DOCTOR SAID THAT IN 20 YEARS OF BEING AN SPECIALIST THIS IS THE SECOND CASE THAT HE HAS DUE HER CONDITION. NO DIALISYS OR TRANSPLANT WOULD DO ANYTHING. UNFORTUNATELLY , SHE WILL BE ALIVE ONLY A FEW DAYS

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 3 years ago.
I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that she is comfortable in her current condition. I wish your family the best.