Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have 4 tiny red bumps on the tip of my penis. What are t

I have 4 tiny red bumps on the tip of my penis. What are they?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

Well, without actually being able to see the lesions, I'd be taking a complete guess as to what it is. It can be anything from small blood vessels under the skin to a sexually transmitted disease. It can also be due to inflammation of the penis called balanitis. You should have a urologist take a look at this to determine what it is and how it should be treated. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think I was told small blood vessels a while ago. This first happened when I was 20 and I have had the same partner since and she has not contratcted anything vaginally or orally. So the blood vessel is strictly cosmetic?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Well then this is most likely a blood vessel and not a sexually transmitted disease. If it is a blood vessel, then this is strictly a cosmetic condition and nothing to be concerned about. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I sent you a picture could you tell me for sure?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Well I cannot guarantee anything based off of looking at picture, but I will do my best to see if I can determine what it is if you send the picture.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
The pic doesn't show up
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
It's hard for me to really tell based on this picture alone, however it appears that you may have genital warts that may have bled and caused the red spots. You should have a urologist take a look at this and if they are warts, then they may have to be removed with either a laser or by freezing them off. Hope this helps.