Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I have a urinary infection leukocyte esterase is 1+WBC 10-20,

I have a urinary infection leukocyte esterase is 1+WBC 10-20, squamous epithelial cell is 6-10 and the bacteria few . DO I have to take the cipofloxacin HCL 500mg Is there other alternitive like cramberry juice
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

The presence of squamous epithelial cells indicates that this specimen was contaminated by your skin when it was collected. Your doctor needs to collect a new specimen. However, if you have burning when you urinate, you likely have an infection anyway and need to take the cipro. Cranberry juice will not cure this. Hope this helps.