Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I start to sweat severly when my bladder gets full, wondering

I start to sweat severly when my bladder gets full, wondering why this happens
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

Bladder distention can cause what is called a sympathetic discharge which makes your sweat glands activate due to the pain inside that it causes. This is just like if you were to hit your thumb with a hammer, you would start to sweat and your heart would race because of the sympathetic discharge. This sweating phenomenon is most pronounced in people who have spinal cord injuries. The best treatment is to not let your bladder get so full to the point where you have pain or start to sweat.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions. Please don't forget to hit accept so I can get credit for helping you. Thanks.