Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

Do you recommend Cooled ThermoTherapy BPH How long is the

Do you recommend Cooled ThermoTherapy BPH? How long is the treatment and is it painful?
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

I don't recommend this therapy. I used to do it, but so many patients did not benefit from the therapy at all that I stopped it. If you can tolerate surgery. I recommend that you have a green light laser procedure called PVP done to open up the prostate channel to help relieve your urinary symptoms. This works very well in my experience as well as what is published in the literature. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK. I would still like to know the time involved in doing the therapy and if it is painful. I haven't heard of PVP. How does it compare to the therapy in question?
Cooled ThermoTherapy BPH takes about 1 hour to do and is done in the office. It is no more discomforting that placing a catheter into the bladder. Patient tolerate it very well. PVP is so much more effective at relieving symptoms that Cooled ThermoTherapy BPH. I have had to resort to performing PVP or TURP on patients who failed Cooled ThermoTherapy BPH
Is there anything else I can help with? If not, please hit accept so I can get credit for my time spent helping you. Thanks