Dr. R
Dr. R, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Authored over 25 Book Chapters and Articles, Specializes in male and female voiding issues
20030499

I have thickening of the bladder and enlarged prostate what

I have thickening of the bladder and enlarged prostate what are the causes of this?
The prostate enlarges as men age. As the prostate enlarges, it narrows the urinary channel and as a result, the bladder has to work harder to get the urine past the prostate opening. The bladder working harder over a period of time results in bladder wall thickening. This can be treated with medicines to relax the prostate opening (Flomax or Uroxatral or Rapaflo) as well as medicines to shrink the prostate (Avodart and Proscar). Sometimes the medicines are used in combination, when one alone is not effective or when maximal effect is desired.
You provided negative feedback. Why? What does not let me escape the window mean?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had great difficulty getting the sight off my computer screen. I was happy with your answer. It was nothing against your info.
You can notify the website and then they will remove the negative feedback. Thanks!!