Dr. R
Dr. R, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Authored over 25 Book Chapters and Articles, Specializes in male and female voiding issues
20030499

Six months ago my creatinine level was 1.37. My doctor ordered

Six months ago my creatinine level was 1.37. My doctor ordered a new blood test last week. Now it's 1.41. She said I could either see a Urologist now, or come back in 3 months for another test.

I'm 66 years old, in good health, and I exercise regularly. I'm a bit overweight, but not obese.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. R replied 6 years ago.
That is still not much of a change indicating your kidney function is stable. You have slightly decreased renal function. I would drink lots of water and have it repeated in 3 months. You would want to see a nephrologist, who are specialists in medical renal disease. Try and avoid coffee, caffeinated beverages and alcohol as these can predispose you to dehydration.