How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20378
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can be done for a herniated penis - midlayer herniation

This answer was rated:

What can be done for a herniated penis - midlayer herniation near the base on left side? It has reinjured several times.

I have type II diabetes, well-controlled, but with cardio-vascular disease. Bad circulation, ED. I used *small* doses of viagra, about 5mg.

   Last edit: There is now a knot of scar tissue (?) on the left side at the base. The penis is not bent. It swells up in one of three ways: whole foreskin, all the way around, left side like a large rectangular blister under the skin, and foreskin on left side only. I don't get full erection, especially as I'm no longer using viagra!
Well you need to hav this evaluated by a urologist as is sounds like you may have a condition called Peyronie's disease which is due to scar tissue formation from trauma to tue penis such as during vigorous masturbation. You need to have your penis examined well and if thu determine that there is s a tissue, then you may need to be started on medication such as trental to reverse the process. If it is very severe, you may need surgery to fix the penis if there is a tear in one of the erectile bodies. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did see a Urolgist. he said it was midlevel herniation, but did not have any other answer. He said to see a specialist in gemitalia. What does the medication trental do?
Trental reverses the scarring process that it sounds like you may have. You need to see a urology specialist who deals with erectile dysfunction as they will be ablest better help and diagnose your problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My biggest concern at the moment is that it either is no longre healing or is healing much more slowly than it did before, despite a complete sessation of all sexual activity, and despite the fact that the last time it started to swell there had been no real sexual manipulation at all. How can I make it more likely to stabilize?
There is nothing that you can do to fix this problem. A urologist who specializes in erectile dysfunction needs to examine you to determine what exactly your problems is so that the correct treatment can be determined. This is not something that you want to treat yourself as this is a very important bodily function afterall and you do not want to mess it up.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you