Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

after having urethral stretching still have pain after 2 weeks.

Customer Question

after having urethral stretching still have pain after 2 weeks. Finally got to found out why i am having repeated uti. Over a 3 year period I had my ureter stretch x 4. On the day i had the cystoscopy the dr. check my urine and said it was clean that is what prompted me to ask him what was my dx--He finally told me ureter stenosis. and gave me a 1 month apptm't. What is my options as treatment plan if the problem is not resolve. The pain can be excruciating. I appreciate your immediate response. I am a 48 yr. old female. When i go to the bathroom to urinate i am able to empty my bladder and i notice that if i sit for another minute more more urine come out.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
What are the symptoms you are having that is causing you to have your urethra strectched? I ask this because this procedure is no commonly performed anymore as it uaually does not addres the problem unless you truly have urethral stenosis.