Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I have a bump on my pennis head

I have a small bump on the head of my penis.. looks like it could be a zit or maybe a vein or something...

i can send a pic if it helps, but its from a camera phone and is not all that clear, but you can see it

Well there are no veins at the surface of the head of the penis, so it is possible that it may be cyst containing dead skin cells underneath (similar to a zit), especially if this just showed up.

It should go away on its own and you don't have to worry about it. If it gets larger or becomes painful, you should have a urologist look at it to see if you need to apply steroid cream to the head of the penis to make it go away.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have other questions. Or you could share the picture of the bump. It may help me understand the problem better.

Thank you for the pictures (not shown here for privacy).

The pictures are very hazy, but it does look to be the benign cyst collection called an epidermal inclusion cyst. If it is bothering you, you should see a urologist about this to discuss possible removal.

I assume that you are also not at risk for STDs as this would have to be ruled out as well.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok.. thanks.. could this be realted to HPV at all? my GF has HPV
It is very possible that this may be an early genital wart from HPV. If your girlfriend is HPV positive, then you should have a urologist look at this to see if it can be removed by freezing it off or using a laser to burn it off.