Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

My boyfriends penis head is slightly swollen and red than

My boyfriend's penis' head is slightly swollen and red than normal. He says he doesn't feel any discomfort or pain and he is ejaculating normally without any abnormal discharge. It has been like this for 3 days. We had anal sex and he used a condom. he didn't ejaculate inside me. After I left he masturbated and it was just fine. Is this something we both should worry about?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
He my have a condition called balanitis which is inflammation of the head of the penis. He should have his doctor examine it and they will liekly have to prescribe a cream called betamethasone to treat the inflammation. He will probably need to have his urine cultured and have his urethral swabbed for possible STDs. Hope this helps and let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you.

If you are satisfied with this answer, please hit the green accept button so I can get credit for helping you. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
are we supposed to refrain from sex until the swelling goes down since he doesn't feel any pain or should we wait until the swelling disappears. is it contagious?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Is he circumcised?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Is it the head of his penis that is swollen, or is it the foreskin that is swollen? Is the foreskin pulled back over the head of the penis to cover it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it is the head of the penis is swollen, the foreskin is normal and it pulls back over the head when there's no erection
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Well this sounds like balanitis and may possibly be due to an infection. He needs to see a doctor about this and I think the both of you should be tested for STDs. You should refrain from sex until the treatment and swelling are completed.