Dr. R
Dr. R, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Authored over 25 Book Chapters and Articles, Specializes in male and female voiding issues
20030499

Iam a male, I have scar tissue in my urethra, what are the

I'am a male, I have scar tissue in my urethra, what are the ways to take care of this problem.
The scar tissue is called a stricture. It can be stretched, cut with a telescope, resected entirely with a telescope or removed with a surgical procedure where they excise the scar and reattach normal urethra. The last is the most successful, but it is reasonable to cut or stretch the tissue once to see if a bigger surgery can be avoided.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had the scope on 7/9/2010, I have a little blood or discharge, I feel like I'am almost healed, I'am a very active person, I go to the YMCA five to six days week, I have been walking one hour a day for the last four days, today I went to the Y and did my regular routine, how long should I wait to have sex.
I would wait 3 weeks total after the scope so maybe another 10 days or so.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about the blood or dischared I'am having.
Drink lots of wafer and keep your system flushed, and try not to overdo the physical activity.