Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

Could a UTI cause abdominal bloating, lower back pain, fatig

I have been having symptoms of an UTI for a couple of weeks. I have also been gaining weight and have had a lot if abdominal bloating. I started running a low grade fever recently. I am not pregnant, I have had an IUD for several months.

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
This sounds like you may have inflammation of the bladder called cystitis due to a urinary tract infection. You need to have you urine cultured by you doctor and be started on antibiotics. Keep drinking plenty of water and cranberry juice can help too. Let me know if you have other questions.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could the bloating and weight gain related to the cystitis?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Not typically. However, even though you have an IUD, ou should still take a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy because it is still not 100% prevention against a pregnancy.