Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Hello! I have a white discharge from my penis and no other

Customer Question

Hello! I have a white discharge from my penis and no other symptoms. I have been to a dr. twice and had labs taken, first urinalysis only and then bloods drawn in addition to urine. On both occasions I was also treated with antibiotics, which seemed to work, but on both occasions the labs came back 100% clean. Now the same discharge is back. There is no accompanying pain, except an extremely rare and nearly unnoticeable twinge in my urethra. I am sexually active, with a single female partner who has also been tested and come up clean, with whom I enjoy unprotected anal sex. Can you speculate what this might be, why it doesn't show up on blood or urine tests, how to treat it and prevent recurrence? Thank you!
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
This discharge may certainly be related to the unprotected anal intercourse. It sounds like you did not have your urethra swabbed for gonorrhea and chlamydia. If not, this needs to be done and you need to be treated with rocephin and azithromycin. Your partner needs to be treated as well regardless and she should be tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia as well. These two disease are the most common cause of urethral discharge and pain as well.Hope this helps and let me know if I can clarify anything.

If you are satisfied with this answer, kindly hit the green accept button so that I may be compensated for my time. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dr. Y,

I don't have the lab slips at-hand, but I am sure that I was treated and tested for both of those, as they are the most common causes for discharge and pain. Additionally, my partner was both tested and treated, each time that it recurred, and came up clean. If neither of us has it, and obviously if we can be trusted that we're not having intercourse with anyone else, then how could either of us still be harboring syptoms and passing it back and forth?

Since we have been tested and treated for the most common causes, can we consider any less common ones?

Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
Here are some other less common causes of penile discharge that require eparate testing than what you likely already had. If you have not been to a urologist, you need to see one as they are the most equipped and trained to treat and diagnose urethral discharge.

Chlamydia trachomatis
Mycoplasma genitalium
Ureaplasma urealyticum
Trichomonas vaginalis
Herpes simplex
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
Is there anyhting else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Y,

Thanks so much for your advice. So far, however, you haven't told me anything I didn't already learn from my own research, so I'm disinclined to allow payment at this time. I don't know how long this transaction will remain in limbo, but if I learn from my doctor that my condition turns out to be one of your secondary diagnoses I will pay for it.

Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
It appears that you have already made the deposit, so you have already paid Just Answer regardless. I am only compensated when you click accept, otherwise all the money goes to Just Answer. Good luck.