lesivak
lesivak,
16877601

what does a high wbc, low rbc, high mcv, high mch, low lymphocytes,

Customer Question

what does a high wbc, low rbc, high mcv, high mch, low lymphocytes, high neutrophils#, low anion gap, low uric acid, low alkp indicate in labs and low volume wbc and high volume rbc in your urine indicate?
Category: Urology
Expert:  lesivak replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry you have these medical issues including pain.

To answer your question, it would be helpful to know more about the complete blood count numbers, such as hemoglobin and hematocrit, platelets. What is the MCV number? Also differential percentages or numbers helpful.

Also creatinine and BUN and recent urinalysis numbers.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

wbc 10.4 flag high

rbc 3.75 flag low

mcv 100.2 flag high

mch 34.1 flag high

hemoglobulin 12.8

hematocrit 37.6

platelet count 293

lymphocyte 12.2 flag low

neutrophils# XXXXX flag high

bun 9.0

creatinine 0.60

anion gap 5.0 flag low

uric acid 2.3 flag low

alkp 34 flag low

urinalysis

urobilingen 0.2

protein 0

leukocytes 0

nitrate 0

ph 5.0

blood 2- Jx (can't really read writing so don't know if Jx is right)

spec gravity 1.010

ketone 0

bilirubin 0

glucose 0

wbc 0-2

rbc 8-12

casts 0

type 0

crystals 0

yeast 0

bacteria 0

epithelial (says none or rare - can't read writing again)

clean catch - yes

other - 50% nymorphine or pline?? (can't read writing) I think this is related to the blood cells in the urine bc he said he could tell that half were coming from kidneys (under microscope) and other half were coming from below the kidneys.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm still waiting on an answer. Can somebody please respond? I was asked for additional info which I provided last night. Thank you.
Expert:  lesivak replied 4 years ago.

The only value of concern in your blood test results is the MCV. This may be from a medication or a sign that your bone marrow is working overtime. All other values although flagged as abnormal are not far from the normal and would worry me only if they trend in the wrong direction.

Urine test is concerning for the blood, and the source(s) of that bleeding should be looked for. What is your doctor's plan to look for that?
Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He mentioned a kidney biopsy. I guess he thinks I may have a kidney disorder. IGA something?? I've had the blood in the urine for 10+ years and have seen Urologists before that couldn't find a reason. The most recent one i saw is the one who referred me to a Nephrologist because he couldn't determine a cause - none of the others ever did. I do know in the beginning (1999) when blood started being detected it was trace amounts and I guess it's escalated over the years to moderate. I thought I'd ask because I'm not crazy about having a kidney biopsy.

Expert:  lesivak replied 4 years ago.
The nephrologist may be referring to IgA nephropathy. That is a fairly common cause of blood in the urine.