Dr. Landley
Dr. Landley,
11246089

I have had two procedures for scar tissue removal in the urethra.

Customer Question

I have had two procedures for scar tissue removal in the urethra. Both failed sithin 2-3 months after the surgery. I wrote in before and was advised of a stent procedure. I have misplaced the information and the name of the procedre.can you provide me with the information again? Is Cleveland Clinic a good optin for this procedure? Is it safe? I had to have a foley catheter put in place on Wednesday, April 14, 2005 as I was unable to urinate. the foley is still in place. Please advise.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Landley replied 7 years ago.
Hello, welcome to just answer and thank you for your question.

There are two procedures for treating urethral strictures due to scar formation, Internal Urethrotomy and urethroplasty.The latter procedure involves use of grafts to reconstruct the strictured urthera is an effective procedure and is condcuted in Cleveland clinic.

Check this link to have a detailed idea about this procedures.

Here is another link to urethropplasty.

I hope my answer was helpful to you.Please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button to accept the answer. FEEDBACK and BONUS would be highly appreciated.