Dr Patel
Dr Patel, Urologist
Experience:  12 years of experience in urology; advanced training in minimally invasive surgery and oncology

hi my penis does not stand up or straight when i get errected

Customer Question

hi
my penis does not stand up or straight when i get errected and i hang towards down completely and as i know that my penis root is so weak and thin as well
and it has some bend in the middle towards down as well so it is really embarrinsing for me so can u tell me that what the cause and will it be recoverd
i will be really very thankfull to you
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Patel replied 4 years ago.

Hello there,

There are two issues here, one is curvature of the penis and the other may be erectile dysfunction.

It is not uncommon for males to develop Peyronie's disease (acquired curvature of the penis). There are medical treatments with steroids, injections of medicines into the penis, and systemic therapies with interferon but these are often unsuccessful and have numerous side effects- Surgical correction remains the best treatment to date.

We only correct this surgically for several reasons- 1. Discomfort for you during sex 2. discomfort for your partner during sex 3. cosmetic reasons (if you really do not like the curvature and want it fixed).

Surgery is done as an outpatient and pain post operatively is usually quite minimal.

As far as erections not getting as hard as they should, you may have a component of erectile dysfunction requiring medications such as viagra, levitra or cialis.

You should see a urologist for further help.

Best of luck,

Dr Patel

Expert:  Dr Patel replied 4 years ago.

Hello there,

Best of luck,

Dr Patel

Dr Patel, Urologist
Experience: 12 years of experience in urology; advanced training in minimally invasive surgery and oncology
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ya i am not to worried about the curvature of my penis which exist in the middle but my stance is about the root of the penis . which is thin than the remaining area of the penis and when it erects it completely hang 90 degree downwards . it seems that there is no strenth in the base root of my prnis that is emberising situation for me and i can not explain u that how much i suffer syclogically when i see my penis or when i think about it because i have not seen anybody in my life whose penis does not stand up when erected so it make me emberessed infront of my girlfriend