Urologist,M.D., Urologist
Experience:  Board Certified in Urology, Fellowship trained

IM urinating 10 to 15 times a day for the last 7 months,i take

IM urinating 10 to 15 times a day for the last 7 months,i take flomax for 5yrs now (bph) no blood in urine,nothing shows up as far as infection in urine, my abdoman feels hard and maybe bloated , bloodwork normal,starting to get some pain or irritation lately, also feel like im about to have a bowl movement when i have to urinate as well as pass a little gas alot all at the same time,had a abdoman and pelvic ct last march(normal)im scheduled for cystoscopy on the 14th of dec.looking for tumors..i have moderate stenosis of aortic valve.,im worried about my heart if i have to have surgury with g.a ,.would the ct i had not show up bladder tumors ?, and what about a sonogram,will it show tumors?I do have the urge ect that goes with bph but my prostate isnt enlarged now either!when i stand or walk it feels like pressure on my bladder as well...can a urologist answer these multiple questions? bowl movements seem normal other than feeling like i need to go almost everytime i urinate.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Urologist,M.D. replied 6 years ago.
A CT or sonogram most of the time will not pickup bladder tumors. Cystoscopy is the best way to do this. Also, for your frequency of urination, you may have some overactive bladder. This sometimes responds to medications such as detrol LA. You should discuss this with your urologist. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i was hoping for a more complete answer, as to the reason my abdoman might be hard(could this be a very large tumor im feeling?could my bladder have dropped down or something...why do i feel this pressure on my bladder when im standing or walking?
No, it is not from a tumor or your bladder dropping. It may be from your bladder spasming and being overactive. A test called urodynamics can evaluate this.