Dr. R
Dr. R, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Authored over 25 Book Chapters and Articles, Specializes in male and female voiding issues
20030499

what cause weak erection & what can i do to improve the strength,

Customer Question

what cause weak erection & what can i do to improve the strength, i am only 39 years young.recently i have been on alot of atibiatics for a neggling infection , which when i got tested my blood works came back clean only saying too much protein was in my urine indicatine an infection non specific.Could these antibiatics cause me to loose my nature if yes how can i recover now!i need my organ to work. thanks in advance for helping
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. R replied 7 years ago.
Protein in the urine is not typically from an infection but can be caused by kidney issues as well as high blood pressure, diabetes and kidney inflammation. Antibiotics don't cause erectile issues. Although I am sure all is okay, I would recommend seeing a urologist for an exam, urine testing and sone blood work including a testosterone level. The urologist will help figure out if you have a blood flow problem, low testosterone or any other issue.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I do not have blood pressure problem nor kidney issues , the test cleared me of all those . Is there anything else like any hidded infection that could cause weak erection?

The blood flow is the only thing in my mind that has not been throughly checked and my doctor said she did not pick up anything.

Your answer is very broad , not highlighting any specific infection that you may have come across in your field that may cause this problem. I NEED more , just 2 months ago i wa having rock hard ercetion what could cause this weakness plz more help

Expert:  Dr. R replied 7 years ago.
It is likely not related to an infection, unless you are having prostate infections. Protein in the urine needs to be further evaluated. Your testosterone should be checked as well. All of this may be psychological, but you shoujd see a urologist to rule out a prostate infection which could be the issue.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I did a (psa) test does that qualify / would that show prostate infection , it did not.

for argument sake , rule out all those , my next question was what can i do to strenghten it back . what food to eat or not to , is there any exercise that i should or should not do.

Expert:  Dr. R replied 7 years ago.
No a psa does not indicate an infection. You would need a urinalysis and a urine culture as well as a possible prostate massage with a urine culture after the massage. For your other question, limit fat and fried foods, exercise, avoid excess alcohol and tobacco.