Dr. R
Dr. R, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  Authored over 25 Book Chapters and Articles, Specializes in male and female voiding issues

I feel like I have to urinate even after I go, this just started

I feel like I have to urinate even after I go, this just started last night. I drank some water and it seemed to be better but the feeling is still there just not as strong.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. R replied 6 years ago.
This may be due to some prostate inflammation or possible incomplete bladder emtying or even a mild bladder infection. You should have a urinalysis and urine culture as well as a bladder sonogram to ensure your bladder is emptying. I would recommend avoiding caffeine and alcohol as well as cold medicines as all of these can irritate the bladder and make it harder to urinate.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is there anything you would recomend over the counter that would help, in the meantime before i can get to the doc. Also any over the counter meds for prostate health you would recommend?
Expert:  Dr. R replied 6 years ago.
You can try something like saw palmetto which is a prostate medicine that allows you to urinate better. It is sold at vitamin and nutrition stores.